Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-10-10 Origin: Site
Composite insulators are a unique kind of insulation control structure used in overhead lines and play an essential part in their operation. Insulators made of polymer come in a wide variety of forms.
What Are the Components of a Composite Insulator?
The term "composite insulator" refers to a material that can also go by the names "synthetic insulator," "non-ceramic insulator," "polymer insulator," "rubber insulator," and so on. The parasol bottom, the FRP core bar, and end fittings are the general components that make up the primary structure. The awning skirt is typically constructed from organic synthetic materials like ethylene-propylene elastomers, high-heat vulcanized silicone rubber, and other materials. The FRP core bar is typically reinforced to glass fiber as well as based on oxidized resin; as well as the finished fittings are typically constructed out of carbon steel as well as carbon structural steel encased with hot zinc aluminum.
Different kinds of Composite Insulator materials (Types of Insulators And Their Applications)
Composite Insulator can be broken down into the following categories:
· Composite suspension insulator,
· Composite line post dielectric material,
· Composite pin type dielectric material,
· Composite post insulator,
· Combination railway insulator, and
· Composite hollow dielectric material.
Many Benefits of Using Composite Insulator
· The composite insulator is easily transportable, simple to set up, and simple to take care of. Its small size, lightweight, & light structure all contribute to its ease of use.
· A high fouling flash voltage impedance can be found in the composite isolator, which also has a superior fouling resistance.
· Compared to a porcelain insulator with the same creepage distance, its wet resist voltage & fouling resistance voltage are 2 - 2.5 times higher than those of the porcelain insulator.
· In extremely contaminated locations, there is no requirement for cleaning & safe operation.
· It has a high degree of waterproofing capability, and internal insulation is protected from moisture by the overall structure of the thing. Because it does not need preventive insulating monitoring checks or cleaning, the amount of effort involved in daily maintenance is significantly reduced.
· Insulators made of polymer materials strongly resist electrical degradation and provide good sealing efficiency.
· Insulators made of polymer have a strong resistance to impact & shock and excellent resistance to fragility and creep.
· Insulators made of polymer have excellent bending strength and high torsional rigidity. Because of this, they can endure the pressure found within. Additionally, it is compatible with porcelain insulators and glass insulators.
Insulators made of polymer possess outstanding electrical qualities and high mechanical strength. Polymer insulation materials have excellent tensile strength and flexural strength, two times higher than the strength of regular steel & eight to ten times higher than high-strength porcelain materials. This significantly increases the reliability of safety procedures.